[SunRescue] HD's in sun IPX !

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu May 25 04:30:03 CDT 2000

On May 25, Eric Ozrelic wrote:
> Quick off topic question... what does IPC, IPX, or LX stand for? I've heard
> IPC stands
> for Internet Personal Computer or something like that.

  If they stand for anything (which I doubt), it certainly wouldn't be
"Internet"-anything.  The IPC came out well before the Internet
started turning into the giant commercial cesspool that it is now, so
no company would have any motivation calling their product
"internet"-anything.

  The SPARCstations were/are simply desktop engineering workstations.

                   -Dave McGuire