[SunRescue] SunOS 4.*

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Thu May 25 03:03:41 CDT 2000

Hi!

>The question is, how do I manually change the ip on SunOS 4.*?
>I've edited a few of the obvious files with no luck (like /etc/hostname.le0).

Obviously you ignored the most obvious one ;-)

Question: Why do make these Linux-centric guys everything so complicated?

The IP-Address of the machine is stored in /etc/hosts where all other
IP addresses are stored too. No fancy /etc/rc.config is needed.

>I suppose if nothing can be done I'll just break down and buy a monitor adapter.

Any Sun will run fine with a serial terminal as console.

Tschuess

Peter