[SunRescue] sparc 5 memory ?= sparc 20 memory

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon May 22 08:45:19 CDT 2000

John F. Davis wrote:

> Hello
>
> Will sparc20 memory work in a sparc 5?  How about a sparc 10?

No. SPARC 5 memory will only work on SPARC 5 and SPARC 4 platforms. (not
counting any possible clones)

Generally, SPARC 20 memory (with 60ns timing) will work on everything
from SPARC 10 through Ultra 1, Ultra 2 and possibly forward. SPARC 10
memory (with 70ns timing) will only work on SPARC 10, although if your
SPARC 10 happend to be equipped with 60ns memory modules, you can reuse
these on 20's, U1's and forward.

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but the SPARC 10 can't run with 32MB
modules?
Only 16MB and 64MB, whereas all the other can run 16MB, 32MB and 64MB.

/Regards, Bjorn