[SunRescue] LVD drive on SCSI-2

Chris Powell Chris_Powell at mitel.com
Mon May 22 03:54:46 CDT 2000

Hi All,

I'm trying to get an IBM DRVS-09V 9.1G LVD SCSI drive working on a Sun
SPARCstation. The drive connector is a 68-way micro-D, and I'm using
a 68-way to 50-way IDC converter to put the drive in a 411 box. I'm
then connecting the 411 to the SCSI-2 connector of the base unit. I've
tried both a SPARCstation 5 and 10. Neither the PROM probe-scsi command
or UNIX see the drive. The drive does spin-up on power-up (not tried
removing the jumper to spin-up on SCSI command).

I have tried jumpering the drive to turn off single-ended and wide
negotiations, still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong here? My understanding is that LVD should work
on a SCSI-2 bus.

Thanks.

Chris.