[SunRescue] External case w/4MM tape unit

Daniel Debow Southwick southwick at gibralter.net
Fri May 19 08:35:47 CDT 2000

If you really have time to waste, and your just dying to 'format' those
tapes type "mt erase". Then while the tape drive is chewing for a few
hours you can do anything you want on your SSLX. I just do a "mt rewind"
and run my backups. If you really want to get a the best backups take your
system down to single user mode and make sure the non essental slices are
unmounted. Then dump the slices to tape with the verify switch ( man your
version of DUMP/UFSDUMP ). Have fun!

Dan