[SunRescue] RE: SPARCplug

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Sat May 20 08:16:41 CDT 2000

My recollection is that the Ross SPARCPlug was designed to ultimately fit
into *any*
machine with a full-height 5 1/4" bay open, and some way to get the I/O to
the back
panel. As originally intended, this meant a PC box, but over time they
started to sell
them as standalone systems in external SCSI - type cases with a CD-ROM and
HD.

There were probably different pig tails that routed the various I/O ports to
connectors,
but I am sure they were all custom. If installed in a PC case, your main
connection to it
was over an ethernet port IIRC.

Hope this helps,

Ken