[SunRescue] FT: Three SM100 CPU modules

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Thu May 18 18:04:28 CDT 2000

Hi!

>Yep.  The SM100 was one of the first (if not the first.. James?) mbus CPU
>modules.

Yes, i think so. Yesterday i had two of them in a SS10 and
they worked! But the 40 MHz SuperSparc of the SM-40 is WAY
faster than the 40 MHz Cypress CPU. I'd think even the
33 MHz SM-21 will beat the SM-100. But under SunOS 4.1.4,
you can have 4 (in Words: FOUR) of them. So depending on the
workload, 4 Cypress CPUs can be faster than a single SuperSparc
CPU.

Another thing: I have a bunch of 1 MB SIMMs for Sun 3/60 or
Sun 3/80 here. I won't ship them over the pond, but i'm willing
to give them to people in the european community fro free.

All are tested, with parity, 70-100ns, 9 chip types.
Tell me the serial# and ethernet address of your 3/60 or 3/80
and i'll send them to you!

Tschuess

Peter