[SunRescue] Booting from CDROM on a Sparcstation IPX

Tom Yarrish tom at yarrish.com
Tue May 9 20:21:01 CDT 2000

(Hopefully the HTML will be turned off this time)

Okay, I've switched the SCSI ID of the CDROM to 6, and the machine boots up to a different prompt.  During the startup it tries to mount /dev/sd3gon /usr, but errors out with a No such device or address.  Then it says fsck: No such file or directory - Unknown error in reboot fsck.
Then I get a big warning message about how the file systems have not been remounted read/write and I have to run fsck and then boot into single user mode.  Then I get a # prompt, in which I can basically do nothing.
Now there's nothing on this system I need to keep, I'm going to wipe out the drives anyway, but I want to boot of the CDROM to install Debian.  It looks like it sees all the devices I have connected (I'm assuming that esp0 refers to external scsi peripheral or something).
Again I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks ahead of time,
Tom