[SunRescue] Sparc 1 struggles

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon May 1 13:11:29 CDT 2000

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 01:33:09PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Bill,
> I assume you are talking about this item:
>     http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?catid=28757
> Their Interface converter box ($75), correct? That looks like a great
> item - it would allow me to put a Sun workstation on my cheap-o KVM
> switch ( < $150 for a 4x switch *with* 4 sets of cables included!)...
> Please post your results on the maillist, I for one am very interested...
> Thanks,
> Ken
> n2vip at bellatlantic.net

Yep.  I've had one of these before; they work great.  It allows you to have
a PS/2 keyboard and mouse, OR a ps/2 keyboard and mouse AND a Sun mouse, plugged
in all at the same time.  I used mine before with a Northgate Omnikey keyboard
and a Logitech Trackman Marble trackball.

I beleive they're actually made by Kinesis, altho Kinesis wants $125, and
its just one WITHOUT hte Sun logo.

Bill

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |