[SunRescue] any ham radio operators?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue May 30 13:56:14 CDT 2000

On May 30, Kris Kirby wrote:
> interested is DS-SS or FH-SS or any of the other SSes? (Spread Spectrum)

  Me, definitely.  I'm formerly KA2UZK (expired, about to
re-test)...I've been experimenting with DSSS on the test bench
on-and-off for about a year.  It's absolutely fascinating.

  I've got a bunch of EFData SDM-100 satellite modems (RS-422 digital
I/O, 70MHz IF I/O, 224kbps, QPSK) and I've been experimenting with a
"spreader widget" box on which you program a PN sequence, squirt 70MHz
IF through it, and get DSSS output on the other side.  It works ok but
I've yet to come up with a good, reliable synchronization scheme.

           -Dave McGuire