[SunRescue] Ultra 5 Mem issues

Daniel Debow Southwick southwick at gibralter.net
Tue May 30 13:38:42 CDT 2000

To answer your question yes I did run the memory checker.... and it reads
all of the memory properly ( mixed or not ) in the ultra 5. it seems if I
go into single user mode and the comp seems to run fine but if I go to the
full boot process it gets a kernel panic about the time the login window
appears ( I run solaris 8 ). Maybe I need to try a different OS? Or
reinstall with the new ram in place so the kernel is awhere of the
changes?