[SunRescue] Ultra 5 Mem issues

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Wed May 31 11:56:56 CDT 2000

Ultra 5's use odd memory (ECC EDO IIRC), not sure about the AXi
board you pulled them from. Unfortunately, the ECC EDO RAM you
need was only ever used in one or two SPARCS (obvious) and many
Pentium Pro servers. The RAM is not too hard to find (see memoryx.com)
but it does get rather  expensive (est. $1.50 - $2/Meg vs. < $1 for SDRAM
for a PC)...

Sorry,

Ken
n2vip at bellatlantic.net