[SunRescue] memory addressing in solaris

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Sun May 28 21:27:10 CDT 2000

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Paul Khoury - Tech Support wrote:

> Does anyone know how much memory Solaris can allot to each process,
> considering
> you have the most memory a machine could support (in the GB range)?

In 64-bit mode on an UltraSparc, as much memory as the machine physically
has (no Sun currently planned has anywhere near 2^64 bytes).

In 32-bit mode it varies from 3GB to 4GB, depending on the kernel arch and
the OS version.  I could quote from memory but I'd probably be wrong, and
the differences are minor.

-James