[SunRescue] FC-AL SCSI

Sam Creasey sammy at oh.verio.com
Thu May 25 13:11:01 CDT 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Garten, David N., CTR, OSD/P&R wrote:

> Good day,
> 	Anybody got the bubble on Fiber Channel (FC) SCSI?  Are there
> internal FC S-bus or PCI adapters?  Can we use these FC drives (like
> ST318203LC) without nose-bleed expenses on RAID arrays?  What's this about
> 40 pin SCA.  Are there any "stand-alone" solutions in reach of mere mortals?

40-pin SCA is really a FC disk interface... I've got a whole bunch of
cheetahs sitting upstairs like that...

I've used the Qlogic 2200 FC cards under linux/i386, but never dealt with
it on sparc...

There "are" stand-alone solutions, but it's still pretty pricey...  and
any remotely cheap solution for FC is going to involve rolling your own
setup, basically...

-- Sam

"UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
Information is ENCOURAGED, ESPECIALLY to COMPUTER BULLETIN BOARDS."
	-- Robert E. McElwaine