[SunRescue] SunOS 4.*

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed May 24 19:44:18 CDT 2000

On May 24, Cameron Berkenpas wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 08:16:43PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >
> >   Why not just string a serial cable to ttya and log in via serial
> > console?
>
> Sounds like a good idea, but I'm fairly inexperienced at sun hardware so I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

  It really has little or nothing to do with anything Sun-specific.
Give this a try:

  I assume you've got a working machine with a comm program on it, or
a real terminal.  Get a serial cable plus whatever gender-benders
you'll need to connect the two serially.  If there's a keyboard
plugged into the SPARCstation, unplug it.  Power it up.  If you
don't see the bootup messages, you'll need to insert a null modem
into the serial line.

             -Dave McGuire