[SunRescue] Anybody need a diff<->SE scsi adapter?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed May 24 13:47:59 CDT 2000

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 02:42:03PM -0400, BSD Bob wrote:
> > Anybody have a use for a differential-fast-wide to fast-wide-SE-scsi
> > adapter?
> Would something like that allow me to hang an IBM differential scsi
> 9 track tape system on my IPX or SS1's?   I picked up a perfectly fine
> IBM tape drive for almost nothing in surplus, but, the danged thing is
> differential (they used both but my luck was not with me apparently).
> Bob

Yeah, it would, if you had the right cables.

My adapter is going to James Lockwood, but I got it from hitechcafe
for $25 a couple weeks back.  Looking now, they're still selling
them (DEC DWZZB-MA), but they're $49 now:

http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1&sku=DWZZB+MA

What you get is a circuit board with two ultra-high-density 68-pin
female connectors and a standard disk-drive-type power connector;
its intended to be an embedded solution but you can just tape it to the
inside of a disk enclosure or whatever.

Bill

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |