[SunRescue] esp0: Gross error sreg=51

Josh Kuperman josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Mon May 15 09:14:50 CDT 2000

We received a donation of four Sparc 10s. I found two matching CPUs so
I bought more memory and a 9G scsi drive and figured I'd make a really
powerful server machine.

I'm running Debian Linux and I am having some odd problems. Some may
be with the Multiprocessor Kernel I don't really know how to tell. So
I'm taking things one at a time. One problem I have repeatedly is
"esp0: Gross error sreg=51", which I believe has something to do with
the SCSI bus.

I was told that this is most likely caused by a hardware problem, SCSI
termination, improperly formatting the hard drive, improperly set
jumpers on drive or mother board, and that this list was the best
place to ask for help with such things.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us