[SunRescue] For trade/sale: sbus svga card

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu May 11 17:10:54 CDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Eric Ozrelic wrote:

> Yeah, you might want a ZX, or if you have a SS5 I'd find an S24, those are
> good, but
> only work in the AFX? slot of a Sparc5. If you have a 10/20 you might shoot
> for SX graphics.
>
> All these options will give you 24 bit color, albeit slow.

Of those 3, the SX is easily the fastest.  Next is the S24 and shortly
behind is the ZX.

My SS20/SX feels about 80% as fast as it did with a TGX.  Not bad
considering it's got 4 times as much data to push across the bus.

I used to use a SS2/GT as an Xterminal, and with that you could watch the
pixels being drawn on the screen.

-James