[SunRescue] Sun 3/50 and SLC

Liam Stewart liam at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Mon May 8 23:32:26 CDT 2000

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Any Sun Type 4/5/6 keyboard will work with the SLC just fine; all you need
> for a complete system is to plug in external SCSI HD and CD-ROM.  The SLC
> is basically a SPARCstation 1+.

Thanks, Bill. This is the excuse I need to get a Type 6 keyboard :) I've
been wanting on for my PC, but haven't found a completely working adapter
as of yet.

I've just found a guide on setting up SPARCs as Xterminals. I'll give that
a shot and see what I can do. I might grab the 3/50's external SCSI HD
later on and give a Linux install a try, but an Xterminal might be fine
based on the specs that I've seen of the SLC.

Liam

--
Liam Stewart
E-Mail: liam at ualberta.ca
Web: http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~liam

Forty-two
  -- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy"