[SunRescue] problem compiling ncurses on SunOS 4.1.1/sun3

Alexander Bochmann ab at infra.de
Fri May 5 17:34:35 CDT 2000

Hi,

I think I have found something...

...on Thu, May 04, 2000 at 08:03:17PM +0100, Martin Frost wrote:

 > That's definitely wrong. There is no way that A1 could be legally
 > used at that point, because it's never been initialised, and gcc

On a sudden inspiration, I have searched the gcc config files for
"jbsr", and found the following comment in the machine description
file for m68k (gcc-2.7.2.3/config/m68k/m68k.md):

;; When outputting MIT syntax (e.g. on Suns), we add a bogus extra
;; operand to the jbsr statement to indicate that this call should
;; go through the PLT (why? because this is the way that Sun does it).

Possibly the newer gnu binutils have "forgotten" about this feature
on the m68k-sun-sunos4 target...?

Alex.