[SunRescue] IDE drives...

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue May 2 10:46:01 CDT 2000

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I had a nice 8.4gig Seagate Medalist drive in my u5/270, but if you
> can, find a SYmbios 8751sp card and go scsi.  I did that last night
> in my Ultra 10 and ist AMAZING how much difference it makes.
>
> Bill

I wish... it's actually for a work machine, so I doubt they'll spring for
the card.  And the performance isn't that big a deal on this machine, but
the space IS.  So, no issues with slapping a 20 or 30 gig IDE drive in, eh?

I thought I had remembered there being issues with drives larger than like
8 gig originally.

--Kurt