[SunRescue] Sun 4 330

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Jul 26 10:58:32 CDT 2000

The Sun Hardware Reference has some information on it.
http://sun-ref.sunhelp.org/, among other places.  I've got a 4/330 sitting
next to my bed at home, but I'm not sure when/if I'll get around to running
something on it.  It's just way too big and power hungry for my tastes.  For
a brief summary, I think that it has a 25MHz processor of the type in the
SS1, although it may have the 40MHz variety that was in the SS2.  The
machine has 3 9U VME slots, and the main system board takes up a single 9U
VME slot.  Room for at least 2 full-height 5.25 inch drives, as well as a
front accessible bay for 2 half height drives.  The main system board should
take 8 1MB or 4MB SIMMs, depending on the PROM revision.  I can't think of
anything else fun off hand.  HTH,
	Grego