[SunRescue] Sun 2/120 dumb terminal hookup?

AriReenari.reen at nokia.com AriReenari.reen at nokia.com
Thu Jul 20 13:31:53 CDT 2000

Tervehdys

"EXT Paul Khoury" <pkhoury3 at earthlink.net> writes:
> Would anyone know any information on the Sun 2's?

Have on warming my room :-) and have copies of some
sections of the installation manual.

> I'm looking on hooking up a VT420 term, but not sure what it's
> expecting as far as port settings.
> I've tried both SIO-A and SIO-B at both 2400 and 9600 baud.
> Also have the keyboard for this, but no more monitors. =(

Sun 120/170 Installation manual says that if no video card is found
the monitor sends output to serial port A,  9600 baud, no parity,
one stop bit.

> Also, is SCSI on the same board as the CPU?  It has 2 50 pin
> header connectors, which one is for serial, but I'm assuming the other
> is also serial, but I'm not positive.  Or do I need an optional Multibus board?

Top one is serial, the second is not used in Sun-2 Workstations;
is is a Sun-1-compatible parallel input port (says the installation manual)

For SCSI you need a separate board (+ you get four more serial lines)

> This machine seems so much fun (then again, I'm also watching wargames

It is fun!

73's de ari