AW: [SunRescue] Q on "optimal" OS for Sun4c machines, now that Solaris8 won't runn

chris Gunther madram at video.de
Thu Jul 13 09:41:22 CDT 2000

------=_NextPart_000_007C_01BFECE9.2DD349A0

>   Wow.  Is it possible that we are the last generation of people that
> will know how computers actually *work*?  No computer *science* will
> be learnt on Windows boxes, in my opinion.

It is not that astonishing. Today you normaly just don't need to know
how to use the last BIT of your computer to temporarly store a pointer
on your process-table. And keep in mind that Companies just don't want
users to know so much about computers because they not only want to
sell the hard- or software, they also want to sell consulting and
training and for that purpose you don't need millions of geeks, you
only need a slightly smart student and a projector.

> When all they can run is MS, and it dies, ..... good luck.

> Then they will come running for us old pfartes
> in the retirement homes.... (:+}}...

And we will propably be too happy that finally somebody is interested
in our knowledge. It is kind a bit like asking grandfather to tell you
about 2nd world war.

	chris

+---------------------------------+
|             chris               |