[SunRescue] How FAST is a SUN IPC

Fleet Captain Druaga Druaga at pmail.net
Thu Jul 6 21:23:01 CDT 2000

My apologies once again - I was speaking from my own experience.

Thanks for the offer of help.  I will probably be setting up the Sparc 2
with a Weitek 80mhz here soon and would like to get two frame buffers
running on it so we'll have to talk when that gets going.

Oh - I oopsed when I mentioned netBsd.org and bnetd.org   I'm not running
those domains but that's what's running on the dedicated Battlenet servers.
I apologize if anyone was confused.

Sincerely,

Mike Hebel

  Quite true...unless there are folks here who have much better
connectivity than I do, in the case of network services provided to
the outside world, the bottleneck will *always* be the leased line.
Always.  All but the oldest of SPARC machines can saturate a 10mbps
ethernet all by themselves.

             -Dave McGuire
Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org