[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 30 20:52:11 CST 2000

With my Linksys Cable/DSL router I can run as many machines as I want off my
PPoE/ADSL line from Verizon/Bell Atlantic (well, up to 253 actually, but I
don't have that many *in* my house and running (at the same time).

Features:
    DHCP for Win boxes
    Static IPs (192.168.x.x) for all others
    Have one machine in my DMZ, could choose to map ports to individual
    servers (telnet, ftp, etc.)
    Takes up little space
    Costs between $100 -> $150 (single port vs. four port)

    Dynamic DNS from www.dyndns.org makes it all complete!

I can't say enough great things about that box!

Ken