[SunRescue] Can a standard Sparc10 hold an internal 2.5GB HardDrive ?

L. Brignolo rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 29 20:48:31 CST 2000

There is this Sparc10, Solaris 7, 36mhz, 1.08gig, 32MB, ethernet, scsi port,
aui, parallel, serial, and a external CD, but no c, no perl, etc..
I wanted to install Solaris8, and Solaris 8 needs 1.8GB, so I have to change
my hard disk.

I read someplace that Sparc10 only holds 424MB and/or 1.05GB HardDrives.
I also hear of Sparc10 being sold with 2GB internal hard drives what tells
me that it is possible to have bigger that 1GB hard drives in Sparc10s.

I got this 2.5GB Seagate ST14220N Scsi-1-50Centronic drive

Then my question is (are): would this internal 2.5GB HD work in my sparc10,
how?