[SunRescue] Anyone know where I could get replacement fuses f or a Sparc1+ motherboard?

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 27 13:32:56 CST 2000

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Tim Harrison wrote:

> Rebecca Ore wrote:
>
> > I think at this point I need a different machine.   A friend who just
> > installed Plan9 on all his machines (successfully) said that the Sparc
> > I have needs to be looked at by someone with proper tools for
> > measuring current, etc., and while my supervisor can do this, it may
> > be just too much trouble for not much machine.
>
> Plan9 installations aren't all that difficult.  At one point, I was
> working on building a small cluster of Plan9 machines, just for fun.
> But, alas, I got bored after two, and moved on to Oberon. :)

He was building them because they were sane and because they're not
quite likely to have script kiddies hassling you.  Sort of my reasons
for getting something other than RedHat for a news box (running a few
restricted hieararchies so I could do on 16 gig of disk space).

I'll be on the look out for something that was running before I picked
it up -- maybe even consider going for a Sparc 10 (saw one on Ebay
that looked good but don't quite have the money for it now).

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net