[SunRescue] SS10, Openboot PROM 2.25, how to program it.

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 25 19:28:39 CST 2000

Earlier tonight you wrote:
> There is this Sparc10, 36mhz, 1.08gig, 32MB, ethernet, scsi port, aui,
> parallel and serial, and a external CD, Solaris 7, but no c, no perl, etc..
> Wanted to install Solaris8, and Solaris 8 needs 64MB, 1.7GB.
>
> Then Purchased and installed a 2.25, hoping to put 2  32mb dimms later.
> But at boot time is giving messages like:

What does 'probe-scsi' show? Maybe you need to make sure you have your new
hard disk at SCSI ID 3 and that everything is properly terminated?

Have you put the new RAM in yet?

> If that is not true, what is happening, what could I do now to boot up?

I don't think the PROM is the issue here, but rather the SCSI bus.

-Jon
Jonathan Katz = J. Random BOFH = http://jonworld.com = jon at jonworld.com
	"Linux is only free if your time is worthless."
	-- Mr. Nutty.