[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 11:49:02 CST 2000

dave at cca.org wrote:

> Traditionally, geeks are musicians, can juggle, and love spicy chinese
> food.

Okay, then I don't qualify.  I'm a drummer/percussionist, but I can't
juggle, and spicy food causes all sorts of internal distress.  I also
have an allergy to garlic (of all damned things -- married to an
Italian/Danish/Irish grrl, in that order).

I haven't found anything else in life that I'm good at.  The only jobs
I've ever had were computer-related.  The only thing that kept me sane
when I was young was drumming.  It's still a major therapy for me, as I
tend to be a little OCD about my work.  At one point, when I met my
wife, I was doing 72 hour days, sleeping for several hours, and then
doing it again.  Then I burned out massively. :/

Some day, I want to have a childhood.  Dave's right, though, life's too
short.  Now, to find a way to play.  I never knew how to do that.  Urgh.

Sorry, pardon my Therapy Moment[tm].

What do you guys do to keep sane when you're in this business?

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com