[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 23 23:59:12 CST 2000

mrbill at mrbill.net writes:

>On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 08:29:12PM -0800, ed at the7thbeer.com wrote:
>> Talk about the ultimate "Rescue" vehicle...
>> "Yeah, just load em up in back there..."
>> Imagine the looks....

>Drive the truck up, unload the back full of geeks in camo and combat
>boots, carrying Leathermans and tool boxes.  "We're here for the Cray."

...and then immediately get distracted by whatever interesting machines
happen to be in range.

We refer to "The Machine Y Phenomenon" at the RCS - we have to do
something to machine [x] (ie: move the DECsystem-20 to get at the cabinets
behind it) so we go over to machine [x], someone notices machine [y]
sitting next to it, mentions some interesting point about machine [y],
and we spend the next hour or so discussing machine [y] while machine [x]
sits untouched.

We are an easily distracted bunch.

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------