[SunRescue] That maddening cycle...

Hatle, Steven J. rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 20 07:33:52 CST 2000

I want to get a G4 cube, but about a week before I do, I'm going to bring my
NeXT Cube into work. I sometimes bring in "interesting stuff" to shock and
amaze the 20 year olds - no offense to the younger members of our list who
actually know about computers before the Pentium II. <grin>

I'll leave it there for a while, then replace it with the G4 Cube late one
night. If anyone asks me what happened, I'll just tell them it "evolved".

Or, I could line up my Lisa, my NeXT Cube, and the G4 Cube under a sign that
says "Blame it on Steve Jobs" or something like that.  .  .

I've only sat down with OS X for a few minutes, but it didn't seem you had
to scratch it very hard to see the NeXTStep/OpenStep underneath. My biggest
chuckle about OS X is that Apple might get a significant bunch of people
using UNIX who don't even know they are.  .  .