[SunRescue] That maddening cycle...

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 19 23:23:54 CST 2000

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 11:04:37PM -0600, Reagen Ward wrote:
> Though I was envious of the cubes when they came out (I got my G4 not that
> long before the cubes became available), I'm glad I ended up with it.  The
> cube is MUCH cooler, but I like having the PCI slots.
> Reagen

Amy and I had a conversation that went along something like this:

"The Cube is for the marketing types who want their desks to look pretty
 and match, while the graphic designer in the back room is chainsmoking
 and using a dual-CPU G4 tower.."

If Apple would sell a "monitorless" (say, pizza-box) form-factor
"iMac", I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  I *really* liked my Blueberry
350Mhz G3, I just had to get rid of it due to the tiny monitor.

(Amy's got a Sun/Sony GDM20E20 on her desk, I've got one of the
 newer Sun/Sony 21"'s...)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"