[SunRescue] Re: Rescue digest, Vol 1 #799 - 11 msgs

brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 19 06:52:15 CST 2000

hmmm, I tried putting a k6-3 400 in my sunpci once - it wouldn't even
consider booting...  because of the low core voltage they use, I
suspect.  There are silk screenings on the back of the board for jumper
settings for the voltage, but as far as I could tell, the jumper
referred to does not exist!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but out of the box
they run the 400 at 66x6 right?  So to get 500 you had to bump up to
83x6?  No stability problems? I figured that part of the reason they
could get away with 2.1v was the low bus speed...

-brian