[SunRescue] [newbie] Which floppy drive on Classic ?

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 15 14:13:15 CST 2000

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Bruno Perea wrote:

> My brand new (!) Sparc Classic comes without floppy drive. Which type of
> floppy drive can I attach to it ? An old floppy drive from IBM PC ? Is
> there any particular configuration to do in Open Boot ?

A PC floppy drive will work, minus the autoeject (of course).  No magic in
OBP is needed, just make sure you have the floppy drivers built into your
kernel (in SunOS 4.x) or you do a reconfigure boot in 5.x (1).

-James

(1).  I'm sick and tired of having to say "Solaris 2.x, 7, 8, and whatever
name the Sun marketing folks come up with next".  SunOS 5.x is clear and
unambiguous.