[SunRescue] Problems with some quad ethernet action

Eric Ozrelic rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 11 14:17:18 CST 2000

> 64bit apps on a 32-bit kernel.  To boot exclusively into 32-bit mode, look
> at the end of "man boot" where it talks about forcing Ultra 1 systems into
> booting in 64-bit mode.  Should be self-explanatory.

Ok, I've setup booting into 32 bit kernel mode, and I've confirmed I'm in 32
bit mode
by typing: isainfo -kv

I successfully installed the Osicom drivers without a hitch and configured
them. Everything
seems to work great, and I can ping each interface.

I start up my Sun PCi session, and I get in and notice that anything
Ethernet
related seems to not be working. After a long session of checking settings,
doing ping
tests, re-installing the Windows based Ethernet drivers, I shutdown windows,
halt
the system, and re-boot using my good 'ol 64 bit kernel. Ethernet works
again in
my Sun PCi window.

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the Solaris side of the Sun
PCi installation,
because in Windows, if something is messed up with TCP/IP, you won't be able
ping your own IP, and in this case, I am able to ping my own IP. I'm not
able to
ping anyone else on the network, and no one else on the network can ping me.

They're able to ping my IP's in Solaris though. Do I need to re-install the
Sun PCi
software in Solaris while in 32 bit kernel mode? Is there something I'm
missing?

Thanks to all for the help, even though I've been sort of annoying and
asking all these
questions. I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm
sooo excited to
start my little redundant internet project.

Regards,

Eric Ozrelic