[SunRescue] NetBSD v. Linux v. Solaris 2.51

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 22:47:47 CST 2000

woods at weird.com writes:

>For the minimal amount of web browsing and other stuff I do I've got an
>NCD HMX terminal running beside me with another half-decent 19" screen.
>The plain HMX is only an 8-bit display though, so I do sometimes long
>for something a little more capable.  If I could find a used HMX-Pro-24
>though I'd be in heaven!  :-)

I have a NCD xterminal with 17" 8-bit color that I'm very happy with.
I'm amazed at how well it does with only 4 meg of ram! I have more
simms for it, but haven't felt the need to install them yet.  I also
have a Sun ELC that I'm planning on setting up as a dedicated
postscript display, but I haven't really played with much yet.

(I also have a Wyse x-terminal sitting in storage because I
don't have the server software for it to boot from...)

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------