[SunRescue] Logging memory errors

Sam Creasey rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 5 13:35:38 CST 2000

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Maarten Deen wrote:

> > It's more a problem on how intel boxes report ecc errors.  As I understand
> > it they arn't very verbose, and NMI's could mean other things.
>
> Specifically, NMI stands for Non Maskable Interrupt, AFAIK.

Amusingly enough, I once owned a 486 motherboard, which, upon detetecting
a parity error (obviously while the bios still had the NMI hook), would
offer to turn the NMI off for you...

Now, what about the definition of "non maskable" makes an option to
disable in the chipset seem a little self defeating....

-- Sam

"UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
Information is ENCOURAGED, ESPECIALLY to COMPUTER BULLETIN BOARDS."
	-- Robert E. McElwaine