[SunRescue] Which is a sun/sony GDM 1962B?

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 5 04:07:26 CST 2000

Maarten Deen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got the opportunity to by a SUN GDM 1962B for ~USD200. I'm not quite sure
> which model it is. Can someone give me a clue?
> Is it a decent price (providing the monitor is ok)?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Maarten

Maarten,

The GDM1962B is a 19" sony trinitron based monitor built along with the
last of the Sparc stations, and the original Ultra SPARC workstations
(1991-1994 I believe). It's a reasonably good fixed frequency monitor
with a max resolution of 1280x1024, a detachable 13W3 cable, and analog
adjustment dials on the front. You see them on ebay for between $50 and
$200 US dollars all the time, with an average sale price around $100-150
US.

The biggest thing about monitors is the shipping. This is a very heavy
monitor (about 60 lbs), and shipping costs within the us will be
something on the order of $50.00 us. International shipping will of
course be even more.

That being said I have a GDM-1962B for sale right now along with a large
list of other items.

--
Chris Byrne