[SunRescue] ARGH! Round 2

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 3 23:02:27 CST 2000

On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 08:38:17PM -0800, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> >that puts you through about a dozen questions after rebooting,
> >setting the language, IP address, netmask, nameservice, data and
> >time, etc.
> oh, and also, in solaris 8, it let's you specifically set DNS as
> the nameservice (rather than "other" as in all the previous version
> i can remember), and let's you configure DHCP also. very nice.

Yes, but if your nameserver isnt on the same subnet / class C as
the machine you're configuring, you'll get stuck in a loop - because
the default gateway hasnt been set yet.  This bug has been there since
the Sol8 beta release...  so I usually select "none/other" and setup
DNS manually after install.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford