[SunRescue] ARGH! Round 2

Paul Theodoropoulos rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 3 22:26:23 CST 2000

I'll probably get flack for this, because some purists think it's
excessive - however, I've done this literally hundreds of times
without failure; it's my standard procedure when 'recommissioning'
a box --

root-klaatu /% sys-unconfig

                         WARNING

This program will unconfigure your system.  It will cause it
to revert to a "blank" system - it will not have a name or know
about other systems or networks.

This program will also halt the system.

Do you want to continue (y/n) ? n
Aborted
root-klaatu /%

of course, you'd want to type a y.

that puts you through about a dozen questions after rebooting,
setting the language, IP address, netmask, nameservice, data and
time, etc.

takes all of about 90 seconds when i'm distracted, about 30 if not.
it's the only way to fly.