[SunRescue] Re: Are there any external cables for internal disks in SS 670?

Gaspar Gonzalez rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 1 14:03:11 CST 2000

Patrick, I can't run probe-scsi-all command because I PROM Ver. 2.5. and
that command is in 2.6 and above
Anyway, I know I'm missing a cable so first I must get it, then we'll see.
Thanks!
Gaspar

>I check the status of the SCSI via "probe-scsi" and after a few seconds no
>messages, also I run test-all and no error messages.

First, run probe-scsi-all (IIRC) so that it will check everything.

Second, if you get NOTHING, then either the SCSI controller is broken, OR
one of your devices has the same SCSI ID as the SCSI controller.

hope this helps,

./patrick