[SunRescue] Tape drives, many questions

GregoryLeblancGLeblanc at cu-portland.edu GregoryLeblancGLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Aug 31 21:44:58 CDT 2000

ok, so maybe "many" is an exaggeration, but a few at least.  I'm looking to
get a tape drive for my home network, but I'm not quite sure what would be
good.  The machines are mostly Sun's, with an SGI and SCSI PeeCee tossed in
the mix.
I'm looking for something that can do OS backups of machines, probably
doesn't need all that much capacity.  I've thought about booting from tape,
but I'm not sure whether that's a good idea, or even possible, using newer
tape drives.
I guess I'm most concerned about reliability and price, as I'd like this
thing to last a while (5+ years, like everything else I've got).  Any
suggestions, or good RTFM URIs?  Thanks,
	Greg