[SunRescue] Best Value Sun for $1000?

Hatle Hatle
Wed Aug 30 15:38:05 CDT 2000

Do you have a website or a phone number for Forsythe?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian McCloskey [mailto:checkinmystyle at hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 3:13 PM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Best Value Sun for $1000?

o.k., i stand corrected as far as the upgrade to the processor is concerned,

however the graphics still suck under 98 and nt4 compared to what you can do

with a creator 3d card. for $1000 an ultra 2 is still a *much* better
machine, and i would even personally prefer an ultra 1 170E or 200E with
creator 3d cards.

i got mine from a leasing company in skokie illinois after it was terminated

off lease. they sell a lot of nice sun equipment (a lot of it much higher
end than i have a budget for unfortunately, but lots of good deals). its
called forsythe technology and you should talk to megan thomas.
unfortunately, this is a secondary business for them and they're not really
set up to provide an inventory, so you should have a clear idea of what you
are looking for when you call them. their inventory comes in waves. one week

they'll have 30 ultra 1's to get rid of, and the next they'll have only
3500's and 5500's. it just depends on whose lease terminated that week.

-wu

http://profiles.msn.com.

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org