[Sunrescue] 240V wiring

Rob rr at rits.com.au
Tue Aug 29 02:29:20 CDT 2000

>From: David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>
>Subject: Re: [Sunrescue] 240V wiring
>James Lockwood <james at foonly.com> wrote:

>Consider using plugs and sockets from different countries for different
>voltages, with whatever your local convention is for your local voltage.
>That's what I do - I use 'proper' plugs on my 220V circuits and weird
>US things on my 120V circuit.  I don't have any problems sourcing the
>parts, and it means that no-one can physically plug ordinary stuff into
>the wierdo circuit.

Australian power is 240V and our plugs are quite different from American
ones.  With the current exchange rate, it would probably be quite cheap
to ship some to the US.  Standard plugs are 10amp; the 15amp ones just
have a larger earth pin.  The only thing is the different wiring, but I
guess that's quite well known by now.

Rob.