[Sunrescue] 240V wiring

DavidCantrelldavid at cantrell.org.uk DavidCantrelldavid at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Aug 27 12:15:33 CDT 2000

James Lockwood <james at foonly.com> wrote:

> I've thought about just using 5-15 kit (rated to 250VAC of course) but
> aside from violating code it would be a definite safety hazard.  I
> wouldn't want anyone plugging a vacuum cleaner into one of these outlets
> by mistake.

Consider using plugs and sockets from different countries for different
voltages, with whatever your local convention is for your local voltage.
That's what I do - I use 'proper' plugs on my 220V circuits and weird
US things on my 120V circuit.  I don't have any problems sourcing the
parts, and it means that no-one can physically plug ordinary stuff into
the wierdo circuit.

      I'm working on the assumption that chicks dig mad scientists