[SunRescue] axil 220 and hello n stuff

kebabthesheep kebabthesheep at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 12:11:01 CDT 2000

Hi yall,

I've been reading this fine list for ages now, so I
thought I might rear my head.  I live in the UK, in
Southampton to be exact, and obviously have an almost
religious devotion to unix hardware, specifically sun.
 Just as a taster - he's a quick list of my toys:

sun:
sun3/140 carrera + scsi + SMD controller + 2nd
ethernet
sun3/60 (obviously)
sparc1, 1+, 2, IPX, IPC, ELC, SLC
axil 220lx (more on that later)
4/110 - no cpu :(

dec:
dec 3000/600 <homer> Mmmm, alpha </homer>
decstation 3100 No ram.  No data. :(

HP:
HP9000/300 Real old + floppy/HD unit No data.

IBM:
RS6000/340
RS6000/320
No compatible monitors :(
stuffed with ram/disk/fancy graphics hw :)

plus more monitors and scsi disk boxes than you can
shake a long sticky stick at.

Obviously, I have no where near enough suns, so I'm
constantly on the look out in skips/dumpster/such
like.  All these machines where dumped within Imperial
College, London, where I was a student.  Very generous
they were too!

Now, the axil.  Anybody got any data on this beast at
all?  I got it to boot, by shoving 2x4mb parity simms
in the first and third slots, and sticking a drive
with openbsd on it.

I get:

CPU: TMS320S10 (Microsparc) 50Mhz,
SBUS @ 25Mhz (strangely enough)
ESP200 (scsi controller) at 40Mhz! (sounds too fast to
me...)

its got a parallel port, 10baseT/10base5(AUI)
switchable network, audio, cg6 on board.

On the main board, above the GX chip, there are two
connectors - anybody know what goes in here?  Ram
expansion?  24Bit option?

Also, has anybody fanthomed out the memory banking?
All the info I have says it can take 4-32Mb simms,
upto a max of four to give 128Mb.

In conclusion WTF is it?

Dave.