[SunRescue] Is this a decent deal?

BillBradfordmrbill at mrbill.net BillBradfordmrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Aug 22 00:30:24 CDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 10:19:43PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> LOL! I paid _way_ too much for my first one about a year ago.  It was an IPC
> and it cost me $65 with shipping and had no RAM, no HD, and no extra
> framebuffer. *sigh*  Well, live and learn. ;-)
> (I haven't even had the capability to run Solaris at home until the middle
> of this year when I finally got a SS2.)
> Mike Hebel

I paid $700 for my first SPARCstation 1, with 16mb RAM, dual 400mb HDs,
and a mono framebuffer (with type4 keyboard and mouse) in 1995.  I know I
probably got ripped, but man, I loved that machine.  I once used it as
a desktop machine (running openwindows and netscape) WHILE I also had
2-3 other users telnetted into it.

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |