[SunRescue] [2.7, Sun IPC install] Data Access Exception...

PatrickGiagnocavoa222 at redrose.net PatrickGiagnocavoa222 at redrose.net
Sun Aug 20 19:06:50 CDT 2000

on 8/20/2000 7:58 PM, Gregory Leblanc at GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu wrote:

> Don't use a "new" floppy purchased from the store, they're generally crap.
> If you have an old copy of Windows on floppies, or even the AOL disks, use
> those instead, and do a badblocks run on them first.  Retail floppies are
> made as cheaply as possible, floppies to distribute software are as reliable
> as possible.
> Greg

Thanks to all those that replied.

After I dug around on the mailing lists, I found that this issue had been
addressed before - the boot loader + image is too big for the way these
older machines handle memory, and thus they fail.

Per those messages, I will try to boot 2.6 first to see what happens...

./patrick