[SunRescue] OT: video game consoles

Cyrus M. Reed reedc at cc.wwu.edu
Sun Aug 20 15:14:21 CDT 2000

It's seems to be a moot point now that most console games are distributed
on CD-ROM, but I had always wished that Sega had kept up with the "game
card" format that you could use with the original Sega console.  Not that
I ever ended up playing console games much anyway, but I could never quite
figure out why they ditched that format.  My Spy vs. Spy card always
seemed technically superior to the cartidges.  I find it irksome that so
many technically superior items fall out of production because they aren't
"cheap" enough, which is what I presume happened.  Sort of like the old
Sun desktop cases vs. the new ones.

Sorry about the rant...

-Cyrus